Ames Chapter is a local chapter of the International Association of Administrative Professionals (IAAP), located in Story County in central Iowa. Our group consists of approximately 35 members who meet regularly on the first Tuesday of each month, except for July August, and January. We begin with a social time and optional dinner at 5:30. The program begins at 6 p.m. and is followed by a business meeting, which usually begins at 7 p.m.
Some of our Program Topics:
- Excel Databases & Pivot Tables
- Doing the Right Things (Time Management)
- Succession Planning
- Discrimination in the Workplace
- Meeting & Event Planning
- Orientation to IAAP
- Identity Theft
- Records Retention
- "5S" - Sort, Shine, Set in order, Standardize, Sustain
- Emergency Preparation and Management
- Leadership: Talent is Never Enough
- Tips and Tricks in Excel
- Being a Proactive Caregiver
- What Stress is Doing to Your Health Having Fun at APW Seminar 2013
- Formal Letter Writing and Punctuation
- New Office Technologies
- Work - Life Balance
- Tips and Tricks in PowerPoint
For the last few years, Ames Chapter has helped spread holiday cheer. In 2012, under the leadership of member Janet Lovell, several members contributed money and gifts to the Youth and Shelter Services "Gift of Giving" program that will bring joy to a local family. The opportunity to help make the holidays happier for the less fortunate members of our community was a fun activity and members enjoyed shopping and wrapping the many gifts.
We'd love to have you to join us! Consider attending a meeting to learn more about what Ames Chapter IAAP has to offer. Click the Meetings & Events tab above or contact Vice President Brenda Pierce for more details.